Home Automation can not only give you more control of your home, but can save energy.
This can be done by:
This can be done by:
- Automatically turning on/off lighting, electrical appliances, ceiling fans, exhaust fans and zoned heating/cooling in areas that are occupied, and only when their operation is needed. Also, automatically shutting down electrical equipment that is not needed when you leave home, when you Away-Arm your security system (which is more flexible than the schedule-based operation).
- Scheduling lighting, ceiling fans, air-conditioning, motorised blinds or roller shutters, or automatic operation of them when the temperature difference between inside and outside exceeds a threshold.
- When the temperature outside is lower than inside (e.g. after a cool change, or over night), cool your home by expelling warm air outside and drawing cool air inside. Automated control of exhaust fans and vent or window actuators may achieve this using far less energy than using your reverse-cycle air-conditioning.
- Easily and efficiently dimming lighting down to the level you require so you use less power.
- Automatically adjusting dimmed lighting power as natural light from windows varies.
- Installing and using high quality energy-saving LED lights that are confirmed by Clipsal to be compatible with your C-Bus dimmers (and so to not result in damage to the LED, its driver, or the C-Bus dimmer), and other economical high quality LED lights for use with C-Bus relays and non-automated light switches.
- Installing and using energy-efficient Mobotix IP cameras for home security, surveillance, and automation.
- Measuring the current consumption of all your electrical applicances, all together, in each separate phase, in smaller groups, or individually, using the C-Bus 5504CMU 4 channel Current Measurement Unit to help you adopt more energy-efficient practises.
- Monitoring your total electricity consumption in non-automated homes using the Clipsal EcoMind with its convenient IP user interface, or the more basic Clipsal Cent-a-meter.
- Logging, displaying, and using home automation logic to act upon your measured energy consumption graphs over time using compact analog or pulse output power measuring meters integrated with your home automation touch screens or Wiser controller, so you may easily monitor your energy consumption and implement automated strategies to reduce your power bills.
- Providing logic support to take full advantage of your home's special passive energy-efficient features.
- Using fluorescent lighting Energy Controllers to save you up to 30% of your lighting energy costs.
- These are suitable in cases where you have groups of more than 16 fluorescent lamp fittings, such as large domestic basement areas, or work environments in commercial or industrial buildings.